THE AUDITION EXPERIENCE PROCESS
Cavaliers Indoor Percussion's Audition Experience events are YOUR opportunity to take performance and excellence to the next level, while learning from an incredible group of educators who are interested in helping you develop. This is your chance to meet the entire organization, including our passionate leadership, educational teams, returning membership, family, and volunteers.
Auditioning for a group like CIP can seem intimidating, but know that we are here to make sure YOU are prepared for the challenge. There is a LOT to know, learn, and do as you get ready for the audition.
Take it one step at a time: Ask questions, put in the work, enjoy the process, and put your best foot forward!
Here's a brief overview of how the process works and what you need to do to get through it successfully.
SIGN UP FOR YOUR AUDITION EXPERIENCE
The CIP Audition Experience fee of $75 includes the 1-day audition, your Audition Materials, and a light meal.
Contact CIP@cavaliers.org if you have any questions or conflicts.
PREPARE WITH YOUR AUDITION MATERIALS
- Audition Materials are INCLUDED with your Audition Experience Fee. After purchasing the audition, you will receive the Audition Materials via email.
- GET TO WORK. Be as prepared as you can be by committing to a regular practice schedule, asking questions, and sharing your progress in the Facebook Audition Group.
ATTEND YOUR AUDITION EXPERIENCE
- Come prepared with a positive attitude;
- Give yourself plenty of opportunities to perform in front of others;
- Take in and apply as much information as you can;
- Stay calm and focused in the audition process; and
- Challenge yourself and have a great time!
WHAT TO BRING
- Audition Materials (sent after you register)
- Athletic rehearsal clothing and shoes
- Sticks/mallets, practice pad, metronome, and ear plugs
- 3-ring binder with notebook, plastic sheets, and pencil
- Please make sure to place your name on all of your items.
If you have any questions about auditioning for or performing with Cavaliers Indoor Percussion, please email CIP's director Joe Roach at CIP@cavaliers.org.
IF YOU GET A CALL-BACK . . .
- Plan to attend the Call-Back Camp on October 29;
- Get prepped with music and visual requirements;
- Make plans for CIP's Rehearsal and Performance Schedule
- Start formulating your fundraising plans!
- Fill out any required CIP documentation