THE AUDITION EXPERIENCE PROCESS
The Cavaliers Audition Experience events are YOUR opportunity to chase your DCI dreams while learning from the best educators in the drum corps and marching arts activity. This is your chance to meet the entire organization, including our passionate leadership, educational teams, returning membership, volunteers, and alumni.
Auditioning for a group like The Cavaliers can seem overwhelming – There is a LOT to know, learn, and do in getting prepared. Take it one step at a time: Ask questions, put in the work, enjoy the process, and put your best foot forward.
Here's a brief overview of how the process works and what you need to do to get through it successfully.
SIGN UP FOR YOUR AUDITION EXPERIENCE
Your Annual Registration Fee is $50 and the Audition Event Fees are $75-$150, depending on which event you choose. Pick the Audition Experience Event that is best for your schedule and travel requirements
DOWNLOAD YOUR DIGITAL AUDITION MATERIALS
- Audition Materials are INCLUDED with your Registration Fee. After purchasing the Registration, you will receive a discount code for one (1) free download of Audition Materials.
- Visit shop.cavaliers.org, add the appropriate materials to your cart, and then check out using the discount code.
- GET TO WORK. Be as prepared as you can be by committing to a regular practice schedule, asking questions, and sharing your progress in the Facebook Audition Groups.
If you are interested in purchasing Audition Materials separately, each digital packet is $15 at shop.cavaliers.org.
SUBMIT INFORMATION ON CORPSDATA
Please complete your CorpsData profile at audition.cavaliers.org/corpsdata – This will be required once you pay your Registration and Event fees.
Be prepared with your contact details, including emergency contact info, basic medical info, etc.
SUBMIT TRAVEL INFORMATION (CHICAGO ONLY)
If you are traveling to the Chicago Audition Experience, you can utilize The Cavaliers' shuttle from O'Hare to the audition site.
Submit your travel info by filling out the form (linked below) BEFORE December 1st, 2016.
JOIN THE CAVALIERS FACEBOOK AUDITION GROUPS
ATTEND YOUR AUDITION EXPERIENCE
- Come prepared for the weekend with a positive attitude;
- Give yourself plenty of opportunities to perform in front of others;
- Take in and apply as much information as you can;
- Stay calm and focused in the audition process; and
- Challenge yourself and have a great time!
IF YOU GET A CALLBACK . . .
- Plan to attend the next camp;
- Pay your camp fee;
- Submit your travel information; and
- Fill out and required documentation
IF YOU GET A CONTRACT . . .
- Sign your contract;
- Start paying your dues
- Get a sports physical and submit required medical information;
- Make plans to attend future camps
- You'll need to submit travel plans for every camp
- If you have a conflict and cannot attend a camp, you MUST clear it with your caption head and corps management
- Start preparing for the summer of your life!